Safe Handling Practices: Methacrylic Acid
- SACHE Product Introduction 2009: This describes the Rohm & Haas accident including a time line.
- Tank Car Video: This is a TV news report and and Rohm and Haas description of the tank car accident with methyacrylic acid that happened on July 22, 1988. (7 minutes)
- R&H Article: This is a description of an accident investigation method as applied to the Rohm & Haas accident.
- Acrylic Monomer Handling: This is a Rohm & Haas training presentation for safely handling acrylic monomers. Although the presentation is for acrylic monomers, the seven principles described are generally applicable for handling any monomer.
- European Bulletin: A Safe Handling Manual for methacrylic acid developed in Europe.
Note that a MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) and International Safety Card (containing NIOSH safety information) are included for methacrylic acid; since this information can become stale, updated information (available on the web) should be obtained when this instructional material is used.
Student access: All files are available to students logged into the site.